Subject: [marf] Final MARF document approved
From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
To: Message Abuse Report Format working group <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 13:06:09 -0400
List-Id: Message Abuse Report Format working group discussion list <marf.ietf.org>

The official announcement will go out on Monday, but the final MARF
document, draft-ietf-marf-as, was approved on yesterday's IESG
telechat.  The working group will stay open until the three documents
that are pending (draft-ietf-marf-as, draft-ietf-marf-dkim-reporting,
and draft-ietf-marf-spf-reporting) leave the RFC Editor and get
published as RFCs (in case we should need to have further discussion
during the final RFC Editor processing, which sometimes happens).  But
we can pretty much say that our work here is done.

Thank you all for your valuable contributions and for getting the
documents finished well.  And two special thanks:

A posthumous thanks to JD Falk.  JD did great work with us, with
MAAWG, and with the industry in general.  And he was a good friend,
and a great guy to know.

And to Murray: thanks for being an exceptional co-chair!  This was
Murray's first chair position, and he started excellently and only got
better.  Thanks for taking more than your share of the workload and
making this a very easy working group for me!  [And for also being a
good friend, and a great guy to know.]

Everyone, stay subscribed here, and we'll let you all know when the
RFCs come out and when the working group is officially closed.  I
expect that we'll leave the mailing list open as a place for
discussion afterward.

Barry, ex-chair, now-AD