Re: [martini] Call for Consensus: Support for Public GRUUs

"Richard Shockey" <richard@shockey.us> Mon, 30 August 2010 13:53 UTC

From: Richard Shockey <richard@shockey.us>
To: 'Paul Kyzivat' <pkyzivat@cisco.com>, 'Adam Roach' <adam@nostrum.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 09:53:28 -0400
Cc: bernard_aboba@hotmail.com, martini@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [martini] Call for Consensus: Support for Public GRUUs

-1

This statement disturbs me

"unless GRUU is mandated in GIN (or any solution to the MARTINI problem, for
that matter), the chances of GRUU deployment are vanishingly small"

I don't understand this argument .. so GRUU's have not deployed for well
known reasons so we want to shove them down the throats of implementers and
use MARTINI as the mechanism?

What in the MARTINI architecture has created this dilema...only the privacy
issue?