[MBONED] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems-11: (with COMMENT)

Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 07 January 2020 15:46 UTC

From: Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems@ietf.org, Jake Holland <jholland@akamai.com>, mboned-chairs@ietf.org, jholland@akamai.com, mboned@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2020 07:46:17 -0800
Subject: [MBONED] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems-11: (with COMMENT)

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems-11: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems/

COMMENT:

As TSV-ART reviewer, Gorry Fairhurst provided an extensive review of this doc
in Last Call and a re-review of the current version just recently (Thanks!).
There are still a large number of comments that have not been addressed and no
response was provided from the authors so far. While many of his comments are
mostly editorial, I believe that this doc could really benefit from addressing
them. There are a couple of relevant references that Gorry provides in his
review which I think should be cited by this document. Further as Gorry
mentioned, there are congestion control schemes for multicast and also
high-layer mechanism to make use of multicast support more reliable. This is
not discussed at all. So I'm not even sure if the conclusion in section 8 is
correct that multicast on 2-layer must be reliable. Given the number and
details of problems listed, I find the discussion in section 8 way to high
level anyway.

Also probably editorial: I find it a bit confusion that section 5.1. suddenly
speak all about the IETF network while the rest of the doc seems more general.
Is that on purpose or is that a left over from merging two docs?

I'm not raising any points on the Discuss-level as I believe most (TSV-ART)
points are rather editorial (also some may touch technical points well),
however, I also support the points raised by Alissa and the GEN-ART review and
would really like to see them addressed before publication (ideally they would
have been addressed before IESG evaluation...).