[Mcast-wifi] Fwd: [Bridge] Roaming trouble with bridge & multicast snooping

Linus Lüssing <linus.luessing@c0d3.blue> Wed, 09 December 2015 17:17 UTC

Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 18:16:57 +0100
From: Linus Lüssing <linus.luessing@c0d3.blue>
To: mcast-wifi@ietf.org
Subject: [Mcast-wifi] Fwd: [Bridge] Roaming trouble with bridge & multicast snooping

Hi,

I am still hoping that I might have just missed some lines in an
RFC. But currently I am having the feeling, that there is
something missing and that something needs to be
specified/clarified from the IETF side
(e.g. that a host should resend its reports (and maybe an IPv6
Neighbor Advertisement, too?) after a link state change, too)

I would also be intersted in the experiences others have had with
various other operating systems. Which operating systems resend
their MLD report(s) right after roaming?

Regards, Linus

Thread on the bridge mailinglist:
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bridge/2015-September/009752.html

----- Forwarded message from Linus Lüssing <linus.luessing@c0d3.blue> -----