Re: [media-types] Review request for application/emergencyCallData.eCall.MSD+per

Randall Gellens <rg+ietf@randy.pensive.org> Thu, 22 September 2016 17:06 UTC

Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 10:00:49 -0700
To: media-types@iana.org
From: Randall Gellens <rg+ietf@randy.pensive.org>
Subject: Re: [media-types] Review request for application/emergencyCallData.eCall.MSD+per

At 4:24 PM -0700 9/21/16, Randall Gellens wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
>  ECRIT draft https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-12
> seeks to register a media type to carry the eCall Minimum Set of
> Data (MSD) as defined by CEN and used in 3GPP.  Per 3GPP, it is
> encoded in ASN.1 PER.  This will be used by SIP-based eCall systems
> (a vehicle-initiated emergency call system mandated and
> standardized within the European Union).
>
>  The media registration is at
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-12#page-31.

Apologies for not including the verbatim text originally:

       MIME media type name: application

       MIME subtype name: emergencyCallData.eCall.MSD+per

       Mandatory parameters: none

       Optional parameters: none

       Encoding scheme: binary

       Encoding considerations: Uses ASN.1 PER, which is a binary
       encoding; when transported in SIP, binary content transfer
       encoding is used.

       Security considerations: This content type is designed to carry
       vehicle and incident-related data during an emergency call.  This
       data contains personal information including vehicle VIN,
       location, direction, etc.  Appropriate precautions need to be
       taken to limit unauthorized access, inappropriate disclosure to
       third parties, and eavesdropping of this information.  In general,
       it is acceptable for the data to be unprotected while briefly in
       transit within the Mobile Network Operator (MNO); the MNO is
       trusted to not permit the data to be accessed by third parties.
       Sections 7 and Section 8 of [RFC7852] contain more discussion.

       Interoperability considerations: None

       Published specification: Annex A of EN 15722 [msd]

       Applications which use this media type: Pan-European eCall
       compliant systems

       Additional information: None

       Magic Number: None

       File Extension: None

       Macintosh file type code: 'BINA'

       Person and email address for further information: Randall Gellens,
       rg+ietf@randy.pensive.org

       Intended usage: LIMITED USE

       Author: The MSD specification was produced by the European
       Committee For Standardization (CEN).  For contact information,
       please see <http://www.cen.eu/cen/Pages/contactus.aspx>.

       Change controller: The European Committee For Standardization
       (CEN)

--
Randall Gellens
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your