Re: [MEDIACTRL] New MRB document (-04)

"MUNSON, GARY A, ATTLABS" <gm3472@att.com> Wed, 31 March 2010 04:38 UTC

Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 00:34:36 -0400
From: "MUNSON, GARY A, ATTLABS" <gm3472@att.com>
To: Lorenzo Miniero <lorenzo@meetecho.com>, mediactrl@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [MEDIACTRL] New MRB document (-04)

Hi Lorenzo & Chris,

I don't have any opinion or wisdom on (2) or (3) below.

Regarding (1) about caller-pref, I appreciate why the question was
asked, at least at first glance, but it doesn't seem like something
fruitful to pursue (as I said in my March 24 email). Using the same
approach for describing MS attributes in SIP as with HTTP is a better
case of re-use, as we have done. And a bi-modal AS or bi-modal MRB
doesn't have to populate/receive MS information differently. And I don't
see extending caller preferences to support MRB selection of an MS as
trivial or even natural (where does the lease mechanism fit in, or how
about asking for multiple ports in one request?)

Cheers,

Gary