Re: [MEDIACTRL] ISSUE 4 - IVR Package - <record> append

Lorenzo Miniero <lorenzo@meetecho.com> Fri, 08 October 2010 11:13 UTC

Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 13:11:35 +0200
From: Lorenzo Miniero <lorenzo@meetecho.com>
To: Stéphane Bastien <stephane@broadsoft.com>
Cc: Melnikov Alexey <alexey.melnikov@isode.com>, "draft-ietf-mediactrl-ivr-control-package@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-mediactrl-ivr-control-package@tools.ietf.org>, "mediactrl-chairs@tools.ietf.org" <mediactrl-chairs@tools.ietf.org>, "mediactrl@ietf.org" <mediactrl@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [MEDIACTRL] ISSUE 4 - IVR Package - <record> append

I agree with Stephane, appending to a media file is not like appending
text and so a "brutal" POST might result in a corrupted file.

That said, I think append is a very useful functionality and would like
to keep it: why not clarify that the mechanism used for appending is
implementation specific? I doubt the same recorded media will be used
by different MS implementations at the same time.

L.