Re: [MEXT] The first proposal for the DMM charter

Conny Larsson <conny.larsson@ericsson.com> Tue, 20 December 2011 18:54 UTC

Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 19:54:13 +0100
From: Conny Larsson <conny.larsson@ericsson.com>
To: jouni korhonen <jouni.nospam@gmail.com>, "julien.ietf@gmail.com Laganier" <julien.ietf@gmail.com>
Cc: Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>, "mext@ietf.org" <mext@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [MEXT] The first proposal for the DMM charter

Hi Jouni, Julien

I believe the charter looks good but I would like to ask you if
deployment scenarios are covered by the charter or not (I'm thinking of
a Informational RFC)?

Let me be a bit more specific. When discussing DMM (in a 3GPP
perspective) with people I  get the impression that many operators are
interested in the topic but that they have very few peering points. They
are not always interested (or they do not see the need) in deploying
more peering points since they are expensive. Perhaps the reason for
this is related to the current hierarchical architecture and will change
with a more distributed architecture.

So what do you think? Is there a need for this kind of document?

Best Regards
Conny