Re: [MEXT] the future of the MEXT working group

"Charles E. Perkins" <charles.perkins@earthlink.net> Thu, 03 November 2011 22:29 UTC

Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 15:29:30 -0700
From: "Charles E. Perkins" <charles.perkins@earthlink.net>
To: jouni korhonen <jouni.nospam@gmail.com>
Cc: mext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [MEXT] the future of the MEXT working group

Hello Jouni,

I think S2-051260 is an outstanding design document
that everyone in [mext] should read.  From it, we
"SHOULD" have seen a much better designed system.
The result, however, would not be recognizable from
figure 1 and figure 2 except by a quite optimistic
LTE expert.  I started to think about how to quantify
the huge jump in complexity between the stated design
goals in the document and the result of S1 --> S$\infty$
but my head started to hurt... never mind Ga --> Gz
and the 200 IEs for GTP, and all the other modules.

Is it possible to have some discussion on my proposal
[i.e., "On the IETF side, we should specify: ..."] at
IETF 82?  I realize it is quite broad and would
probably engender a lot of discussion, but it's a
discussion that needs to happen.

Regards,
Charlie P.