Re: [MEXT] New Version Notification fordraft-perkins-mext-hatunaddr-01.txt

"Charles E. Perkins" <charles.perkins@earthlink.net> Mon, 31 October 2011 22:16 UTC

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 15:16:25 -0700
From: "Charles E. Perkins" <charles.perkins@earthlink.net>
To: charliep@computer.org
Cc: mext <mext@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [MEXT] New Version Notification fordraft-perkins-mext-hatunaddr-01.txt

Hello again Romain,

I didn't have time to do the specification for any
new extension for the suggested options revised from
RFC 3957.  I'll try to do it later this week, but the
result can't be officially submitted until I get to
the IETF.

Anyway, traffic to/from the mobile node <--> home agent
doesn't always have to be protected, especially looking
at the relative proportion of data traffic today that
is sent via IPsec.  It seems to me that the problem is
important, and must be solved, but not a showstopper.

Regards,
Charlie P.

>>> To:<charliep@computer.org>