Re: [MEXT] the future of the MEXT working group

Hidetoshi Yokota <yokota@kddilabs.jp> Thu, 10 November 2011 12:41 UTC

Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 21:41:38 +0900
From: Hidetoshi Yokota <yokota@kddilabs.jp>
To: mext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [MEXT] the future of the MEXT working group

Hi,

I think that the point is to give a choice to the network and user if
mobility is needed or not. Some applications benefit from seamless
mobility (e.g., VoIP), but others may not (e.g., Web access). The
network and user should be able to specify the capability of mobility
and appropriate access network for each application. In that sense,
Dynamic MM is an interesting feature.

I agree that the current 3GPP architecture is very complicated and may
not be optimal, but I don't think it is a good idea to change it in IETF...

Regards,
--
Hidetoshi