Re: [MEXT] The first proposal for the DMM charter

<pierrick.seite@orange.com> Thu, 22 December 2011 09:44 UTC

Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 10:44:56 +0100
From: pierrick.seite@orange.com
To: jouni.nospam@gmail.com, peer.azmat@yahoo.co.uk
Cc: mext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [MEXT] The first proposal for the DMM charter

I do not see the point. Why are you saying only network based solutions apply to DMM?

> Not necessarily. Say that a mobile node evaluates each time it moves
> whether there is a need to a) find a more suitable anchor for
> subsequent sessions or b) whether use CoA instead of HoA for new
> sessions. For that network based solution is not needed.

I second Jouni. Moreover, a  basic of DMM is the distribution of mobility anchors. IMHO, this is independent of the location of the mobility client; this principle can be applied either to host based or network based mobility management.

Pierrick