Re: [MEXT] LISP as a solution for some part of the DMM requirement

<Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com> Tue, 02 August 2011 21:59 UTC

From: Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com
To: charles.perkins@earthlink.net
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 21:58:58 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.19.59.135]
Cc: dino@cisco.com, mext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [MEXT] LISP as a solution for some part of the DMM requirement

Hi Charlie,

On 8/2/11 4:41 PM, "ext Charles E. Perkins"
<charles.perkins@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Hello folks,
>
>I agree that LISP work should not be done in the [mext]
>working group.
>
>However, if the LISP design shows how to make a good
>solution for distributed anchoring, it is pertinent to
>our work insofar as it provides a model for the [mext]
>solution.  In that case, if we are fortunate, it would
>be easier to devise an appropriate solution by using
>the LISP distributed anchoring as a guide.

If the LISP design helps in alleviating the concerns that we have
identified as some of the key issues in I-D
draft-patil-mext-dmm-approaches-01.txt (Sec 3), then maybe yes. If we have
to incorporate LISP based mobility as a solution for DMM, then we have an
issue, because at the present time it can be perceived that the problems
could be solved within the framework of MIP6 signaling and network
elements.

-Basavaraj