Reply to Reply to Reply to MHS-DS: Changing the tree (OUCH)

"Kevin E. Jordan" <Kevin.E.Jordan@cdc.com> Tue, 01 March 1994 19:56 UTC

To: Return requested <mhs-ds@mercury.udev.cdc.com>
Subject: Reply to Reply to Reply to MHS-DS: Changing the tree (OUCH)
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 1994 13:40:58 -0600
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: "Kevin E. Jordan" <Kevin.E.Jordan@cdc.com>

> Help me out - what is the representation of associatedORaddress: is it
> as RDN, TextEncodedORName, or simply ORName?
> If it is RDN, then we are OK, and Michael's way of putting it is perfect.
> If it is one of the others, we need more text.

The syntax for associatedORAddress and nonAuthorativeAssociatedORAddress
is ORAddress, not ORName or RDN.  If we accept the approach proposed by
Michael, gateways will need to recognize that a blank PRMD or O name in
an associatedORAddress or nonAuthorativeAssociatedORAddress attribute is a
place holder for the corresponding address element, and the element will
be missing from address produced by the mapping.  This is intended to be
a clarification and not necessarily an argument against the proposal.