comments.infotree-04.txt

Allan Cargille <cargille@cs.wisc.edu> Thu, 07 April 1994 19:13 UTC

Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Allan Cargille <cargille@cs.wisc.edu>
Subject: comments.infotree-04.txt
To: mhs-ds@mercury.udev.cdc.com
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 1994 13:11:30 -0500

                                   draft-ietf-mhsds-infotree-04.txt,ps

 Representing the O/R Address hierarchy in the Directory Information
                                 Tree

Status of this Memo

This document is an Internet Draft.  Internet Drafts are working
documents of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), its Areas,
and its Working Groups.  Note that other groups may also distribute
working documents as Internet Drafts.
>>> Break, indent, or wrap text.
Internet Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months.
Internet Drafts may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other
documents at any time.  It is not appropriate to use Internet Drafts
as reference material or to cite them other than as a ``working
draft'' or ``work in progress.''
>>> Break, indent, or wrap text.
Please check the I-D abstract listing contained in each Internet Draft
directory to learn the current status of this or any other Internet
Draft.

                               @ @

                 C=GB             @ @  Numeric-C=234
                                     @ @

             ___________________________@R_oeS.............
             | Country    |              _____S

             |__aeaeHH___ |
             aaee     H H H  ADMD=Gold 400
  ADMD=" "aaee             H H H
________aeae=_            ______H_HHj_

|ADMD       |             | ADMD       |

|____Q_Q_Q__|             |_____@@____ |

          Q QQPRMD=UK.AC           @ @ PRMD=UK.AC
             __Q_QQs_____             @ @

             |  PRMD     ________________@@R_oe_SS.............|

             |___________ |

              O=UCL
  ____________

  | MHS-Org    |

  |______Q_Q__ |
            Q Q
               Q QOU=CS
                   QQ
                 _____QQs____

                 | MHS-OU     |
                 |___________ |

                 Figure 1:  Example O/R Address Tree

>>> Does this picture say what you want in ASCII?  If not, we should
delete it or replace it with a better picture.

11. Where an O/R Address has a valid Printable String and T.61 form,
    both must be present, with one as an alias for the other.  When
    both are present in the O/R Address, either may be used to
    construct the distinguished name.

>>> Why do both need to be present?

O/R_Address__Object_Class_______________Naming_Attribute________________
C            mHSCountry                 countryName
                                        or
                                        mHSNumericCountryName
A            aDMD                       aDMDName
P            pRMD                       pRMDName
O            mHSOrganization            mHSOrganizationName
OU/OU1/OU2   mHSOrganizationalUnit      mHSOrganizationalUnitName
OU3/OU4
PN           mHSPerson                  personName
CN           mHSNamedObject             mHSCommonName
X121         mHSX121                    mHSX121Address
T-ID         mHSTerminalID              mHSTerminalIDName
UA-ID        mHSNumericUserIdentifier   mHSNumericUserIdentifierName
DDA          mHSDomainDefinedAttribute  mHSDomainDefinedAttributeType
                                        and
                                        mHSDomainDefinedAttributeValue