X.500 case studies

D.W.Chadwick@iti.salford.ac.uk Fri, 01 July 1994 11:23 UTC

Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: D.W.Chadwick@iti.salford.ac.uk
Date: 1 Jul 94 24:19
To: mhs-ds@mercury.udev.cdc.com
Subject: X.500 case studies

Dear All,

I am currently working on a project for the UK Ministry of Defence.
The purpose is to find out about current uses of X.500 by interviewing
customers of X.500 systems. We would like to determine amongst
other things, how easy it was to implement the system in your
organisation, how easy it is to manage on a daily basis, and
how useful users find it. I hope to produce a series of case
studies that can be published by RARE wg-nap in the DATMAN-3
document. I would also like to publish the results in an
international journal.

Do you have an X.500 system or pilot service running in your
organisation, and if so are you willing to answer some questions
about this, and to have the results made public?

I have developed an electronic questionnaire that I can Email
to the you/your users/managers, so I would not have to visit you.
I can clarify any additional points via a telephone
conversation or email. If you would like to participate in this study then
please reply to me and I will send you a copy of the questionnaires.

My contact details are:

Email:    D.W.Chadwick@iti.salford.ac.uk
phone:    +44 61 745 5351 or +44 484 532930
fax:      +44 61 745 8169

David