Re: Reply to bilateralTable attribute

Steve Kille <S.Kille@isode.com> Wed, 23 March 1994 08:20 UTC

To: "Kevin E. Jordan" <Kevin.E.Jordan@cdc.com>
cc: mhs-ds@mercury.udev.cdc.com
Subject: Re: Reply to bilateralTable attribute
Phone: +44-81-332-9091
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 1994 08:06:24 +0000
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Steve Kille <S.Kille@isode.com>

I agree with this analysis.   Use of SEQUENCE would allow tables to
overlap, because it makes the tables ordered.  I did make this
observation in my note, but didn't spell out the consequences as
clearly as you have.

Because I belive that this will be rare (the examples cited, would be
handled better by multiple routing trees), I think that the simpler
solution is better.

If you remain unconvinced, let me know quickly, and I will move to the
other solution.   It is more general, and not much more complex (and
Julian will probably only throw a small rock at me for adding yet
another attribute syntax).

Steve