Re: [MIB-DOCTORS] Update to draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-mib-06

Glenn Mansfield Keeni <glenn@cysols.com> Sun, 13 May 2018 09:56 UTC

From: Glenn Mansfield Keeni <glenn@cysols.com>
To: Hiroshi Tsunoda <tsuno@m.ieice.org>
Cc: mib-doctors@ietf.org, Mach Chen <mach.chen@huawei.com>, bess@ietf.org
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 18:56:20 +0900
Subject: Re: [MIB-DOCTORS] Update to draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-mib-06

Hi Tsunoda,
    I have done a review of the MIB. The comments follow.
Glenn

draft: draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-mib-06.txt
        Only the MIB has been reviewed.

COMMENTS:

1. Naming: Please review.
         MO: mvpnBgpGenVrfRouteImport:
               if it is a condition for import name accordingly

2. Usage:  Please make the usages of the following uniform in the document
                       MVPN/mvpn/MVRF
                       tunnel type/Tunnel type
                       Source AS/source-as

3. Units:  The units for the following MOs are unspecified.
         Please check.
         MO: mvpnBgpGenCmcastRouteWithdrawalTimer
         MO: mvpnBgpGenSrcSharedTreeJoinTimer
         MO: mvpnBgpGenMsgRateLimit
         MO: mvpnBgpGenMaxSpmsiAdRoutes
         MO: mvpnBgpGenMaxSpmsiAdRouteFreq
         MO: mvpnBgpGenMaxSrcActiveAdRoutes
         MO: mvpnBgpGenMaxSrcActiveAdRouteFreq
4. Semantics:
         InetAddress and INetAddressType objects
             for several MOs, usage of InetAddressType unknown(0)
             is described. In all such cases the corresponding
             InetAddress MO value MUST be a string of length 0.
             Plese explain that case in the respective DESCRIPTIONs
             E.g. mvpnMrouteUpstreamNeighborAddr
                  mvpnMrouteNextHopSourceAddr
                  mvpnMrouteCmcastSourceAddr
                  mvpnMrouteSourceAddr

5. mvpnSpmsiAdvtCmcastSourceAddr OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX        InetAddress
      ==> corresponding InetAddressType object
          mvpnSpmsiAdvtCmcastSourceAddrType is missing

6. Nits:
         MO:  mvpnMrouteCmcastSourceAddrType OBJECT-TYPE
              DESCRIPTION
                  "A value indicating the address family of the address
                   contained in mvpnMrouteSourceAddr.
              s/mvpnMrouteSourceAddr/mvpnMrouteCmcastSourceAddr/

7. Table descriptions:
      mvpnIpmsiAdvtTable
      mvpnSpmsiAdvtTable
         The DESCRIPTIONs are unclear.
             Do the tables 'contain' all advertisements or,
             Statistics related to the advertisements?

8. Additional suggestions:
    o For INDEX clauses of variable size where the size may potentially
      exceed 128 octets, a statement like the following will be good.
             Implementors need to be aware that if the total number of
             octets in MO1, MO2 and MO3 exceeds NNN, then OIDs of column
             instances in this row will have more than 128 sub-identifiers
             and cannot be accessed using SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, or SNMPv3.

    o In REFERENCES be more specific if possible. Eg.
        Current:
            mvpnPmsiTunnelIfIndex OBJECT-TYPE
               REFERENCE
                   "RFC2863