[MIB2RDML] Expressing SNMP SMI Datatypes in XML Schema Definition Language -03 draft submitted

"Natale, Bob" <RNATALE@mitre.org> Mon, 28 July 2008 05:15 UTC

Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 01:13:50 -0400
From: "Natale, Bob" <RNATALE@mitre.org>
To: opsawg@ietf.org
Cc: mib2rdml@ietf.org
Subject: [MIB2RDML] Expressing SNMP SMI Datatypes in XML Schema Definition Language -03 draft submitted
Sender: mib2rdml-bounces@ietf.org

Hi,

I have submitted an updated version (-03) of "Expressing SNMP SMI
Datatypes in XML Schema Definition Language", via the Internet-Drafts
submission tool, but it will likely not get processed until following
IETF-72.

In the meantime, interested parties can download a copy from:

http://home.comcast.net/~bobnatale/draft-ietf-opsawg-smi-datatypes-in-x
sd-03.txt

The -03 version has some minor fix-ups (documented in the change log)
and is being submitted now because the -02 version (which was posted
ahead of the IETF-72 cut-off time) got dropped as a result of an
(on-going) technical problem with the tool (apparently).

I hope that this version may be ready for WG last call.  I will not be
in Dublin, however - but will try to participate remotely if possible
if this topic is discussed in the OPSAWG session there.

If anything is a hang-up, I suspect it will be in the XML registration
section ("IANA Considerations").

Please let me know your observations, etc.

[I've included a couple of the NETCONF-related lists as bcc: addressees
on this, since several recent threads on those lists have mentioned the
XSDMI work.  Further discussion about this draft, however, should be on
the OPSAWG list.]

Cheers,

BobN