Re: [middisc] Wan Optimization standardization problem statement/analysis?

"Knutsen, Andrew" <andrew.knutsen@bluecoat.com> Tue, 26 February 2013 17:57 UTC

From: "Knutsen, Andrew" <andrew.knutsen@bluecoat.com>
To: "Mahdavi, Jamshid" <jamshid.mahdavi@bluecoat.com>, Greg Daley <gdaley@au.logicalis.com>, "'middisc@ietf.org'" <middisc@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 17:57:44 +0000
x-originating-ip: [199.91.133.85]
Subject: Re: [middisc] Wan Optimization standardization problem statement/analysis?

   Well put...  I'll just reiterate that the more people who support this sort of technology within the IETF, the closer it will come to representing the needs of the users (and thus staying relevant).  While I do have respect for the purist end-to-end model, we've found that it can be taken too far.

Andrew