Re: [mif] MIF API - Access Network Selection

<pierrick.seite@orange.com> Thu, 02 August 2012 09:01 UTC

From: pierrick.seite@orange.com
To: 'Ted Lemon' <Ted.Lemon@nominum.com>, "<sarikaya@ieee.org>" <sarikaya@ieee.org>, Behcet Sarikaya <sarikaya2012@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 09:01:44 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.197.38.2]
Cc: "<mif@ietf.org>" <mif@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mif] MIF API - Access Network Selection

Hi,

Sorry for jumping into the discussion but, actually, this is a very interesting point.

Couple of IETF ago, we discussed the interest for a "connection manager" item in MIF. Actually, Ted gives a good summary of the consensus in MIF. Full specification of a Connection manager is out of the IETF scope,  but it is expected from the MIF API to provide information and functionalities that a connection manager may need. On the other hand,  I think that ongoing work in MIF ( implementation guideline or specification of the high-level API) may provide guidance on how a connection manager should use the MIF API .

Pierrick