Re: [mif] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mif-mpvd-dhcp-support-01.txt

Ian Farrer <ianfarrer@gmx.com> Mon, 23 March 2015 15:52 UTC

From: Ian Farrer <ianfarrer@gmx.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 10:52:32 -0500
To: Jouni Korhonen <jouni.nospam@gmail.com>
Cc: mif@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [mif] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mif-mpvd-dhcp-support-01.txt

Hi Jouni,

Thanks for making the update.

One case that is possible that isn’t currently covered in section 7.3 is where the client requests a specific PvD(s) and the RSOO also appends a request for a different PvD(s) on behalf of that client. If the requested PVD-IDs are different between the client and the relay, how does the server respond?  i.e. does one take precedence over the other? do they get combined? Are specific preferred to general requests (or vice-versa)? etc.?

My suggestion is to add text to make this as policy configurable on the server.

There’s also a question here about what the client’s behaviour should be if it has requested a specific set of PVDs, but the response contains configuration for PVD-IDs that it hasn’t requested. Again, I would suggest it’s client configurable.

Cheers,
Ian