[mile] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-mile-jsoniodef-13: (with COMMENT)

Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 26 February 2020 20:59 UTC

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-mile-jsoniodef@ietf.org, mile-chairs@ietf.org, mile@ietf.org, Nancy Cam-Winget <ncamwing@cisco.com>, ncamwing@cisco.com
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 12:59:30 -0800
Subject: [mile] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-mile-jsoniodef-13: (with COMMENT)

draft-ietf-mile-jsoniodef-13: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-jsoniodef/

COMMENT:

Thank you for the updates in the -13; they are a good improvement!

I did notice a couple things while reviewing the diff from -12 to -13 that
I'll mention here, in case there might be any further tweaks to make.

In Figure 7 it looks like the encoded text includes an embedded CR+LF.
I don't think this is forbidden by anything, but is perhaps superfluous.

Thanks for the table of CBOR map keys in Section 5.  I note that slightly
shorter encodings might be possible by using negative integers as well as positive
ones, with "steps" for the encoding size occurring at 24, 256, etc., and -25, -257, etc.

[I did not check the examples for correct use of the CBOR map key values, on the
assumption that they were mechanically generated.]

The definition of StructuredInfo underwent a change that was not quite mechanical:
"(RawData: [+ BYTE] // Reference:[+ Reference])" became
"(iodef-RawData => [+ BYTE], iodef-Reference => [+ Reference])" (dropping the grouping
choice operator "//").  I don't remember if there was a reason to make this change, so
I mention it in case it was not deliberate.