[mile] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid-09: (with COMMENT)

Alissa Cooper <alissa@cooperw.in> Wed, 23 January 2019 16:24 UTC

From: Alissa Cooper <alissa@cooperw.in>
To: "The IESG" <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid@ietf.org, mile@ietf.org, mile-chairs@tools.ietf.org, Takeshi Takahashi <takeshi_takahashi@nict.go.jp>, mile-chairs@ietf.org, takeshi_takahashi@nict.go.jp, mile@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 08:24:29 -0800
Subject: [mile] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid-09: (with COMMENT)

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid-09: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid/

COMMENT:

Please respond to the Gen-ART review.

I'm not quite seeing what part of this is a standards-track specification. The
workflow in Section 4 is described as "typical" but not normative and the
exchanges listed in sections 5 and 6 are listed as examples. For a
standards-track specification I would have expected something more like
"Implementations of XMPP-Grid adhere to the following workflow ..." and for
service discovery and pub-sub to be described as *the* way to do those things
in XMPP-Grid, not just illustrated by examples. Otherwise this seems like it
could be an informational document.

In the subsections of Section 8.3 I can't readily discern why some of the
requirements that relate to protections outside the protocol stack are listed
with normative keywords and some are not. It seems like none of them having
normative weight would make more sense, or perhaps there is an explanation I'm
missing?