Subject: [Mip6] RFC 4487 on Mobile IPv6 and Firewalls: Problem Statement
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:07:05 -0700
List-Id: mip6.ietf.org

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4487

        Title:      Mobile IPv6 and Firewalls: Problem 
                    Statement 
        Author:     F. Le, S. Faccin,
                    B. Patil, H. Tschofenig
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       May 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 32022
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mip6-firewalls-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4487.txt

This document captures the issues that may arise in the deployment of
IPv6 networks when they support Mobile IPv6 and firewalls.  The
issues are not only applicable to firewalls protecting enterprise
networks, but are also applicable in 3G mobile networks such as
General Packet Radio Service / Universal Mobile Telecommunications
System (GPRS/UMTS) and CDMA2000 networks.

The goal of this document is to highlight the issues with firewalls
and Mobile IPv6 and act as an enabler for further discussion.  Issues
identified here can be solved by developing appropriate solutions.  This 
memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Mobility for IPv6
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6