Re: [MEXT] GRE support in DSMIPv6 - AD review

Basavaraj Patil <basavaraj.patil@nokia.com> Mon, 19 January 2009 19:41 UTC

Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:41:11 -0600
From: Basavaraj Patil <basavaraj.patil@nokia.com>
To: Sri Gundavelli <sgundave@cisco.com>
Cc: Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>, mext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [MEXT] GRE support in DSMIPv6 - AD review
Sender: mext-bounces@ietf.org

Sri,

For the resolution of the IESG comments regarding the TLV header, I have
said that this spec should get rid of it and if someone feels the need for
it to be specified, they can do so (potential docs suggested being the IPv4
support I-D or the GRE Keys I-D in Netlmm WG).

My comment was based on the reopening of the discussion regarding the need
for GRE encapsulation in the context of DSMIP6. I agree that nothing has
changed since we had this discussion a while ago and as you can tell neither
has my opinion regarding the need for GRE for host based mobility.
But I am fine with whatever is deemed as the consensus regarding the TLV
header and/or GRE encapsulation support in the DSMIP6 I-D.

-Raj