[Mip6] Please close this MIP6 IETF list - it only sends non-IETF Conference announcements

Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com> Fri, 17 September 2010 20:44 UTC

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 22:44:11 +0200
From: Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com>
To: mip6@ietf.org
Subject: [Mip6] Please close this MIP6 IETF list - it only sends non-IETF Conference announcements

Somebody please close this IETF MIP6 list!

The real Mobile IPv6 discussion happens now since some years on the MEXT
Working Group IETF mailing list mext@ietf.org.

During 2010 (february-september) this MIP6 list has seen only Conference
announcements, which is good, but these Conferences are not IETF Events.

The IETF discussions about Mobile IPv6 protocol happened since about
year 2000 on various email lists.  The earliest I can remember was
playground something at sun.com (which is oracle since several months
now, a year? two years?).  It then moved to ietf.org as Mobile IPv6
Working Group, which was later (which year?) transformed in MEXT Working
Group.

This mip6@ietf.org list is useless to IETF as of now.  Please close it.

Alex