Re: [mmox] Global Object Identification

Mike Dickson <mike.dickson@hp.com> Fri, 19 June 2009 21:26 UTC

From: Mike Dickson <mike.dickson@hp.com>
To: Infinity Linden <infinity@lindenlab.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 16:26:41 -0500
Cc: "mmox@ietf.org" <mmox@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mmox] Global Object Identification

I mentioned it in a separate message, but have you had a look at the
NCRI handle service for this. It really seems spot on.  There is the
need to address how digital assets map into it and what metadata is
useful to carry around but the handle service was designed specifically
to handle the secure resolution of URI's to "providers".

Mike