Re: [mmox] 3-world OGP interop scenario

"Meadhbh Hamrick (Infinity)" <infinity@lindenlab.com> Thu, 12 March 2009 19:08 UTC

From: "Meadhbh Hamrick (Infinity)" <infinity@lindenlab.com>
To: Jon Watte <jwatte@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 12:09:05 -0700
Cc: MMOX-IETF <mmox@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mmox] 3-world OGP interop scenario

jon. yes, we do believe it's a good idea to specify interaction
between hosts in a standard protocol.

no. we do not believe it is appropriate for a protocol to specify a
GUI, which is why the OGP designers did not include a GUI in the
specification. You will note that there are also no sections in the
standard limiting end points to use a particular format for the
creation of scene graphs, nor is there a specification for how version
patching for executable is to be accomplished. nor is there a
specification for mapping arrow keys to RPC calls.

sorry to lose you to this effort, we look forward to seeing your work
with LESS and MXP.

-cheers
-meadhbh