Re: [MMUSIC] RTP demux in JSEP and BUNDLE

Cullen Jennings <fluffy@iii.ca> Fri, 09 December 2016 17:10 UTC

From: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@iii.ca>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2016 10:10:20 -0700
To: Colin Perkins <csp@csperkins.org>
Cc: Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>, draft-ietf-rtcweb-jsep@tools.ietf.org, RTCWeb IETF <rtcweb@ietf.org>, "mmusic (E-mail)" <mmusic@ietf.org>, draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] RTP demux in JSEP and BUNDLE

In general, I think it makes sense to put most the details in bundle and overview in jsep as you have proposed here.

I believe we agreed that if the PT was unique, then that would be used for the demux as well. I'd like to see that explicitly spelled out in this text instead of just left as an option allowed but not really specified by this text.  I'd also like it be clear that MID takes priority over PT.

I prefer the much more explicit algorithm particularly for the RTCP handling as implementors have a hard time figuring out wha they need to do to process the RTCP.