[MMUSIC] Alexey Melnikov's Discuss on draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-sip-sdp-37: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Alexey Melnikov via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Mon, 05 August 2019 11:07 UTC

From: Alexey Melnikov via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-sip-sdp@ietf.org, mmusic-chairs@ietf.org, fandreas@cisco.com, mmusic@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2019 04:07:26 -0700
Subject: [MMUSIC] Alexey Melnikov's Discuss on draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-sip-sdp-37: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-sip-sdp-37: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-sip-sdp/

DISCUSS:

This is a fine document and I only found a few minor things that should be easy
to fix.

In 4.1:

   The candidate attribute can itself be extended.  The grammar allows
   for new name/value pairs to be added at the end of the attribute.

   Such extensions MUST be made through IETF Review or IESG Approval
   [RFC8126] and the assignments MUST contain the specific extension and
   a reference to the document defining the usage of the extension.

This is effectively creating a new registry, but this information is not
present in the IANA Considerations section.

COMMENT:

This is a fine document and I only found nits:

1) A document which is effectively a bis of RFC 5245 should have a section
describing changes since the original RFC. Can such section be added?

2) In 4.1:

component-id          = 1*5DIGIT

   <component-id>:  is a positive integer between 1 and 256 (inclusive)
      that identifies the specific component of the data stream for
      which this is a candidate.

Is there any reason why component-id ABNF production allows up to 5 digits,
while the description only allows 3?

3) In 9.2:

   o  Name, Email, and Address of a contact person for the registration

Considering EU GDPR, I think the WG needs to discuss whether collecting postal
address is needed, and if it is, whether IANA has to publish them on the
website.