Re: [MMUSIC] MMUSIC Working Group Virtual Interim Meeting, June 17, 2013

Bernard Aboba <bernard_aboba@hotmail.com> Wed, 05 June 2013 02:41 UTC

From: Bernard Aboba <bernard_aboba@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 19:41:17 -0700
To: Flemming Andreasen <fandreas@cisco.com>
Cc: Ari Keranen <ari.keranen@ericsson.com>, "mmusic@ietf.org" <mmusic@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] MMUSIC Working Group Virtual Interim Meeting, June 17, 2013

Yes, you are missing something. No plan analyzes issues with both Plan A and Plan B and describes how to fix them. As they stand, both Plan A nor Plan B result in O/A exchanges that aren't needed and will break congestion control. Also, neither satisfies the requirements of the RTP usage doc or is compatible with a number of legacy implementations. No  plan offers a solution to these and other issues.