Re: [MMUSIC] SDP work needed for WebRTC stuff

"DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com> Mon, 10 December 2012 13:16 UTC

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: "Cullen Jennings (fluffy)" <fluffy@cisco.com>, Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 14:16:27 +0100
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "<rtcweb@ietf.org>" <rtcweb@ietf.org>, mmusic WG <mmusic@ietf.org>, "<public-webrtc@w3.org>" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] SDP work needed for WebRTC stuff

This is not just MMUSIC, there are bits of AVTCORE and AVTEXT responsibility in there as well.

And I don't see how you can suddenly extend the interim of RTCWEB to the scope of other working groups, without even having a discussion with all the relevant chairs.

I'd further note that Jonathan Lennox has an action (with the support of quite a number of other people) to produce an internet draft on trying to sort out the terminology concents that exist within RTP at the moment. This would be the basis for progressing a number of these issues. That would probably have to be an RAI wide draft.

There has been some progress on this - maybe Jonathan can report on where this now is. I know he was waiting on volunteers for some of the sections and on input from others where volunteers already existed.

Keith