Re: [MMUSIC] Notes from Orlando human language draft discussion

Gunnar Hellstrom <gunnar.hellstrom@omnitor.se> Fri, 15 March 2013 19:05 UTC

Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 20:04:58 +0100
From: Gunnar Hellstrom <gunnar.hellstrom@omnitor.se>
To: mmusic@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] Notes from Orlando human language draft discussion

These seem to be good conclusions.

You say about directionality, for the lang-parameters in the different
directions:
In most cases these are expected to have the same value, because
otherwise it is harder to match desired resources.

I do not think that should be expected.

Examples:
1. Many deafblind persons prefer to sign for sending, but require text
reception.

2. Many hard-of-hearing persons want to talk but receive text back.

3. Many persons with speech disabilities want to send text but receive
speech

The conclusion to develop specifications for both the SIP level and the
SDP level seems a bit complex, but can provide the desired resulting
functionality.

Good.

/Gunnar