Re: [MMUSIC] Trickle ICE for SIP Questions

Marc Petit-Huguenin <petithug@acm.org> Fri, 05 July 2013 17:28 UTC

Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 10:28:22 -0700
From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <petithug@acm.org>
To: Emil Ivov <emcho@jitsi.org>
Cc: MMUSIC IETF WG <mmusic@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] Trickle ICE for SIP Questions

Hi,

I did not receive much comments on my proposal to use STUN packets to carry
the new ICE candidates.  To summarize, instead of using the SDP in an INFO and
or UPDATE transaction, the new candidates can be sent on the same path that
the media will use by default (i.e. using the candidate that is copied in the
m= and c= line).  Because this candidate is chosen to always succeed (using a
TURN server), the candidate will always reach their destination.  This will
remove any problem in the signaling path, because it is no longer used to
update the candidates.

Thanks.

- --
Marc Petit-Huguenin