Re: [MMUSIC] Feedback requested on requirements

worley@ariadne.com (Dale R. Worley) Thu, 18 April 2013 20:49 UTC

Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 16:48:20 -0400
From: worley@ariadne.com
Sender: worley@ariadne.com
To: mmusic@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] Feedback requested on requirements

> From: Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>
>
> On 2013-04-09 17:39, Dale R. Worley wrote:
> >    DES F7  If an answerer that does understand the bundle mechanism
> >       processes an offer that contains a bundle, it must be able to (1)
> >       accept the bundle and selectively accept or reject each
> >       constituent RTP session within it, (2) reject the bundle as a
> >       whole, or (3) reject the bundling and selectively accept or reject
> >       each constituent RTP session as separate RTP sessions.
>
> If you with "constituent RTP session within it" where it is a bundle
> means the RTP media streams resulting from that particular SDP media
> description (m= block) then I believe I agree with 1).

Ah, yes, I meant "media description" instead of "RTP session".  I'll
fix that in the next version of the draft.

> When it comes to 2) what makes this different from rejecting each m=
> block within the bundle?

If we allow bundles that contain zero media descriptions, then it is
conceptually possible that the bundle is accepted but all of the
constituent media descriptions are rejected, leaving the bundle
empty.  I do not see an immediate use for that, but in the long run,
it is desirable that the mechanism is able to express that.

> 3) is required if legacy fallback at all going to be available.

Dale