Re: [MMUSIC] Bundle and Complex ICE Scenarios

"Hutton, Andrew" <andrew.hutton@siemens-enterprise.com> Fri, 15 March 2013 12:08 UTC

From: "Hutton, Andrew" <andrew.hutton@siemens-enterprise.com>
To: "mmusic@ietf.org" <mmusic@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 12:08:22 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.29.42.225]
Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] Bundle and Complex ICE Scenarios

An example of why I have a concern can be seen in the bundle slides presented in the mmusic session earlier this week http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/86/slides/slides-86-mmusic-9.pdf.

Slides 3 and 4 indicate that two offer answer cycles (Maybe 1.5) are needed to get bundled media to flow and they show how the ports on the m-lines are used.  The 2nd offer contains the same port used in the 1st m-line of the 1st offer in all the bundled m-lines of the 2nd offer.

This would appear to conflict with the 2nd offer that is required in some ICE scenarios where the port used in the 2nd offer is chosen from one of the candidates and does not match any port on the m-lines in the initial offer/answer.

I believe more analysis is needed and I will work on that.

It maybe that trying to come to a single solution covering rtcweb and all other environments would compromise the rtcweb solution which is not something we should do. Multiple solutions may be better than a single one that compromises quality.

Regards
Andy