Re: [MMUSIC] 10 BUNDLE questions

worley@ariadne.com (Dale R. Worley) Mon, 18 March 2013 16:19 UTC

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 12:18:41 -0400
From: worley@ariadne.com
Sender: worley@ariadne.com
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Cc: mmusic@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] 10 BUNDLE questions

> From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
>
> On 03/15/2013 09:51 PM, Justin Uberti wrote:
> > The list below is a set of questions (some marked as OPEN ISSUE
> > already) regarding the new BUNDLE proposal. If you agree with my
> > suggested answers, I'm willing to contribute text accordingly.
> >
> >  1. Can you create a BUNDLE with a single m= line? (assuming yes)
> >  2. Can you create multiple BUNDLEs? (assuming yes)
> >  3. When creating an initial offer, how should we deal with the case
> >     where a "null" port is to be used with trickle ICE (since 6.1:1
> >     indicates the ports MUST be different)
> >
> Tangential, sort of - when creating an initial offer, when would one
> need to use a null port?

I think what Justin means is that if an m= line does not have any
candidates at the time of the offer (candidates will be supplied
during trickle ICE), then the m= line is given a dummy port of 9.
>From draft-ivov-mmusic-trickle-ice-01 section 5.1:

   As mentioned earlier in this section, Offers and Answers can contain
   any set of candidates, which means that a trickle ICE session
   description MAY contain no candidates at all.  In such cases the
   agent would still need to place an address in the "c=" line(s).  If
   the use of a host address there is undesirable (e.g.  for privacy
   reasons), the agent MAY set the connection address to IP6 ::. In this
   case it MUST also set the port number to 9 (Discard).  There is no
   need to include a fictitious candidate for the IP6 :: address when
   doing so.

If there are multiple such lines, port 9 can appear in multiple m=
lines, and if the offerer is not hiding its address, the corresponding
c= lines could contain the host address.

Dale