Re: [MMUSIC] M-lines: Wikifying it

Jonathan Lennox <jonathan@vidyo.com> Wed, 28 November 2012 16:29 UTC

From: Jonathan Lennox <jonathan@vidyo.com>
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>, mmusic <mmusic@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 11:29:47 -0500
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] M-lines: Wikifying it

Hi, Harald -

I think this is a good starting point, though I think things are somewhat more complicated than you've described.

First of all, for the SHIM approaches, you need to separate Transport parameters (e.g. ICE candidates) from Session parameters (e.g., SRTP keying).  This isn't relevant for Bundle/MMT, but as long as we're doing the work it might as well be done completely.

More significantly, I think, a number of parameters actually fall into multiple categories depending on how they're used.  For example, rtcp-fb is Transport (or, if you believe my previous argument, Session) when the rtcp-fb-pt field is "*", but it's Media when a specific payload type is given.