Re: [Mobopts] IRSG Poll forI-D:draft-irtf-mobopts-location-privacy-solutions

"Koodli, Rajeev" <rkoodli@starentnetworks.com> Tue, 17 March 2009 22:24 UTC

Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 18:22:26 -0400
From: "Koodli, Rajeev" <rkoodli@starentnetworks.com>
To: mobopts@irtf.org
Subject: Re: [Mobopts] IRSG Poll forI-D:draft-irtf-mobopts-location-privacy-solutions

Hi Wes,

Thanks for your review, and vote. Please some comments inline:

> One substance nit is that the requirements listed in section
> 3 lack any associated "rationale" statements.  Including some
> rationale alongside each requirement is general practice in
> formal requirements management.

This is just a very basic set of requirements (such as use MIP6
framework, do not alter IPsec etc.) set forth for the solutions. We feel
it is fairly self-explanatory, and prefer to refer the reader to a basic
understanding of MIP6.

> Another nit is that the document generally phrases the
> problem as being to hide the mapping between "the home
> address and the care-of address".  I believe it should really
> be between "the home address and an in-use care-of address",
> in order to ease later understanding of the applicability to
> monami6, dsmip, or other extensions that the conclusions say
> may be in-scope in the future for clarification.

Multiple CoAs may be in-use (in the future), right? If so, the document
is equally applicable.

> The problem of location privacy is very complex, and the
> document does a good job of tracking each concern and clearly
> explaining what appears in each relevant header and option
> field in the stack so that the impact can be readily
> assessed.  I appreciated this.

Thanks.

> There are some editorial nits, but I believe they're minor
> enough that the RFC Editor will fix them.

Okay.

Regards,

-Rajeev