Re: [Model-t] What are we trying to protect

Thomas Hardjono <hardjono@mit.edu> Wed, 07 August 2019 00:38 UTC

From: Thomas Hardjono <hardjono@mit.edu>
To: Ira McDonald <blueroofmusic@gmail.com>
CC: "model-t@iab.org" <model-t@iab.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2019 00:38:09 +0000
Subject: Re: [Model-t] What are we trying to protect

Hi Ira,

I’m familiar with NEA — NEA & TNC (and NAP & NAC) are relatively recent.  I’m talking about the majority of RFCs coming out of the Security Area since the mid-1990s.

This was a core part of the End-to-End Principle (e.g. key management and handling of keys at the edges, out side the scope of the IETF).

/thomas/