Re: Proposal for two new objects

"Mark S. Lewis" <mlewis@telebit.com> Sat, 19 February 1994 00:39 UTC

Date: Fri, 18 Feb 1994 16:33:22 -0800
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: "Mark S. Lewis" <mlewis@telebit.com>
To: waldbusser+@cmu.edu
Cc: modemmgt@telebit.com
Subject: Re: Proposal for two new objects
Steve:

I have these questions regarding your proposal to add these two
objects.

1.  How many administrators would use these objects in normal
operations?

2.  Can vendor readily provide both the current and initial line
rates?  For example, Telebit modems can provide the current rate but
does not keep any historic info on rates.  So this would not be easy
for us as modem vendors.

If the answer to these questions is mostly yes, then I don't object
to adding these.  However, I suspect it will be mixed.

Also, it might be more informative to keep the lowest rate rather than
the initial rate.  The current rate can be higher or lower than the
initial rate.

... Mark

Mark.S.Lewis@Telebit.com       Telebit Corp.      Voice (408) 745-3232