Modem mib working group at decision point

"Mark S. Lewis" <mlewis@telebit.com> Mon, 24 January 1994 19:41 UTC

Date: Mon, 24 Jan 1994 11:30:25 -0800
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: "Mark S. Lewis" <mlewis@telebit.com>
To: modemmgt@telebit.com
Subject: Modem mib working group at decision point

Well, I think everybody has seen the new draft of the modem mib
(draft-ietf-modemmgt-mdmmib-01.txt).  Many thanks to Jim Barnes, Les
Brown, Rick Roysten, and Steve Waldbusser for their hard work in
producing it.

We have reached a decision point in this working group.  We have been
given until January 31 to reach a consensus that will enable us to go
forward.  If we do not have such consensus, this working group will be
disbanded.

I propose that we spend this week reviewing and discussing this
draft.  (Since we have narrowed the focus to a core set of objects,
this is a much more manageable document.)  Specifically, I want to
know whether or not the working group thinks we have a consensus.
Please send comments to the list (modemmgt@telebit.com) by

	Friday - January 28, 1994

Based on the group discussion, I will make a recommendation to the
Area Director on Monday of next week.  Thanks.

... Mark

Mark.S.Lewis@Telebit.com       Telebit Corp.      Voice (408) 745-3232