mdmStats Sanity Check

Rick Royston <rroyston@usr.com> Mon, 07 February 1994 15:07 UTC

Date: Mon, 07 Feb 1994 09:00:08 -0500
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Rick Royston <rroyston@usr.com>
To: modemmgt@telebit.com
Subject: mdmStats Sanity Check

  This is where I feel the consensus for the stats group is headed.  This
  is a
  good time for a checkpoint.

  1.  removal of mdmStatsDTERingNoAnswers

  2.  move compression efficency renamed as mdmStatsCompressionEfficiency

  3.  MdmStatsSentDataFrames - text will read line and not DTE, and also
      note that this counter applies only to frame oriented protocols.

  4.  I am still uncertain about the requests,failures, and terminations
  issue.

      Requests, Failures and Terminations seem to cover all cases, but
      I feel that there is some redundant information in this group.

      Failures - number of times this DCE was unable to train with another
  DCE.

      Completions - number of times this DCE was successful in training
  with
                      another DCE.

      These values are incremented after the completion of the training
  process.

      names - mdmStatsIncomingConnectionFailures
              mdmStatsIncomingConnectionCompletions
              mdmStatsOutgoingConnectionFailures
              mdmStatsOutgoingConnectionCompletions