[Modern] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-modern-problem-framework-03: (with COMMENT)

Alvaro Retana <aretana.ietf@gmail.com> Fri, 16 February 2018 16:59 UTC

From: Alvaro Retana <aretana.ietf@gmail.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-modern-problem-framework@ietf.org, modern-chairs@ietf.org, srdonovan@usdonovans.com, modern@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 08:59:08 -0800
Subject: [Modern] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-modern-problem-framework-03: (with COMMENT)

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-modern-problem-framework-03: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-modern-problem-framework/

COMMENT:

(0) For the benefit of non-modern readers, changing the title or at least
making it clear that "modern" refers to an acronym, and later expanding and
explaining would be very nice.

(1)

The document mentions the need for authentication, integrity and
confidentiality when retrieving information.  However, I didn't see anything
related to verifying that in fact the CSP (for example) is the "proper
authority" -- IOW, how can the user requesting information verify that the CSP
is in fact the one responsible for the TN?  I'm thinking of the case where the
CSP was assigned a TN from the numbering authority (how is that verified?), and
also the portability case (4.2.3.1) where the "old CSP" is no longer
responsible for the user's service.

Given that this document is a framework, I obviously don't expect a solution.
But I think validation of the assignment chain should be included for
consideration by future solutions.