Re: [mpls-tp] PSC MEP action on Non TTL 1 value- Receive

"Daniel Cohn" <DanielC@orckit.com> Thu, 17 March 2011 10:05 UTC

Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 12:07:30 +0200
From: Daniel Cohn <DanielC@orckit.com>
To: Greg Mirsky <gregimirsky@gmail.com>, Saravanan P <PSaravanan@ixiacom.com>
Cc: mpls-tp@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] PSC MEP action on Non TTL 1 value- Receive

Hi,

If I understand it correctly, the thread below assumes
draft-ietf-mpls-tp-linear-protection-04 applies to PW protection as
well. However the draft explicitly limits its scope to LSPs,
specifically:

"The protocol addresses the protection of LSPs in an MPLS-TP network as
required by [RFC5654 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5654> ] (in
particular requirements 63-67 and 74-79) and described in [SurvivFwk
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-linear-protection-04#ref-
SurvivFwk> ]", and
"The applicability of this protocol to additional MPLS-TP constructs and
topologies may be documented in future documents."

Is there a hidden assumption that the scope of the draft will be
extended to cover PW protection? Or is there something I'm
misunderstanding here?

Thanks,

Daniel