Re: [mpls-tp] [mpls] poll to adopt draft-nitinb-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv as a working group document

Eric Gray <eric.gray@ericsson.com> Mon, 14 March 2011 13:21 UTC

From: Eric Gray <eric.gray@ericsson.com>
To: "BUSI, ITALO (ITALO)" <italo.busi@alcatel-lucent.com>, Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>, "mpls-tp@ietf.org" <mpls-tp@ietf.org>, "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>, MPLS-TP ad hoc team <ahmpls-tp@lists.itu.int>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 09:23:15 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] [mpls] poll to adopt draft-nitinb-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv as a working group document

Italo,

	Sorry for the _long-time_ in responding...

	It is important to realize that this document specifies
a procedure that is intended to be generally applicable to MPLS.
As such, it is not appropriate to document each specific case in
which this set of protocol extensions might be applicable.

	You do point out a valid hole in the suite of protocol
extensions being developed to support the transport profile of
MPLS.  We will eventually need an applicability RFC that ties
all of the various documents together.

	At the most recent ITU-T SG-15 plenary meeting, it struck
me as very probable that you might be just the person to write
such an RFC...

--
Eric