Re: [mpls] Progressing Residence Time Measurement draft

<bruno.decraene@orange.com> Mon, 01 February 2016 09:30 UTC

From: bruno.decraene@orange.com
To: Alexander Vainshtein <Alexander.Vainshtein@ecitele.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 09:30:06 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.168.234.3]
Cc: "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-mpls-residence-time@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-mpls-residence-time@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mpls] Progressing Residence Time Measurement draft

Hi Sasha,

Thanks for your summary.

It would indeed be good if you could look at how the solution applies to SR networks.

Based on your very short summary, I would a priori assume that mainly the point 4 would need to be adapted. Looks a priori doable, but obviously it’s easier when you don’t look at the details (my case) ;-).

On a side note, for IGP signaling, I understand that you need to advertise RTM capability on a per adjacency basis. It’s not a priori obvious to me how you achieve this for IS-IS. (but again, I haven’t looked in details).

Thanks,
Regards,
-- Bruno