[mpls] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-mpls-sfl-framework-10: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Mon, 21 September 2020 09:34 UTC

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-mpls-sfl-framework@ietf.org, mpls-chairs@ietf.org, mpls@ietf.org, Tarek Saad <tsaad.net@gmail.com>, tsaad.net@gmail.com
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 02:34:14 -0700
Subject: [mpls] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-mpls-sfl-framework-10: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mpls-sfl-framework-10: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-sfl-framework/

COMMENT:

Thank you for the work put into this document.

Please find below a couple of non-blocking COMMENT points.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==
-- Section 1 --
I agree with other IESG review: this section could be expanded a little.
Section 3 is the real introduction ;-)

-- Section 3 --
"also causes an agreed action", when there is an agreement, there are usual
parties agreeing together. It is a little unclear what are those parties here ?
Also, I am not sure whether the 'action' is really agreed upon; i.e., one
router could use a SFL to get more QoS but the routers on the path with use
this SFL to also do IPFIX or DPI...

For the sake of curiosity, I would have welcome some more words about how an PE
router selects to use SFL or the 'normal' label: deep packet inspection ? or
based on the ingress interface or ? (I may be completely wrong with this
question)