[mpls] Comments about draft-xiong-mpls-path-segment-sr-mpls-interworking and difference between Path Segment and BSID

<xiong.quan@zte.com.cn> Thu, 12 September 2019 07:05 UTC

Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 15:05:03 +0800 (CST)
From: <xiong.quan@zte.com.cn>
To: <loa@pi.nu>, <dhruv.ietf@gmail.com>, <tsaad.net@gmail.com>
Cc: <mpls@ietf.org>, <draft-xiong-mpls-path-segment-sr-mpls-interworking@ietf.org>
Subject: [mpls] =?utf-8?q?Comments_about_draft-xiong-mpls-path-segment-sr?= =?utf-8?q?-mpls-interworking_and_difference_between_Path_Segment_and_BSID?=

Hi  all,

I noticed you proposed comments at the IETF#105 MPLS meeting to the draft "draft-xiong-mpls-path-segment-sr-mpls-interworking". Your comment and review is very appreciated!

The Path Segment defined in draft-ietf-spring-mpls-path-segment has been proposed and adopted in Spring WG.

The Path Segment is a path identification for Performance measurement and Bidirectional path correlation and End-to-end Path Protection.

The draft "draft-xiong-mpls-path-segment-sr-mpls-interworking" mainly focus on the SR and MPLS Interworking with Path Segment to provide

end-to-end bidirectional VPN service in inter-domain scenario.

I noticed the Binding SID is also used in inter-domain scenario. I think the main difference is as follows:

Binding SID indicates a SID List. Selected path by replace the Binding SID to a SID List. Path Segment indicates a path, it can realize OAM,PM,protection. Selected path by path segment correlation.

Binding SID can not replace path segment in bidirectional path, OAM, PM and protection etc. If we use Binding SID, the per-segment or per-domain OAM/PM/protection can not be achieved.

I just start the discussion and comments and suggestions are very welcome!

Best Regards,

Quan